National Immigration Services
An Immigration Law Firm


Green Cards
Temporary Visas
Hire our law firm
About us
Download free forms



K1 Visas Information for Mexican Citizens


Fiancé(e) visas are for foreigners who plan to marry a U.S. citizen in the United States and then reside in the U.S. To obtain a fiancé(e) visa you must first have a fiancé(e) visa petition (form 129-F) approved by USCIS in the United States. 


Once a I129-F is approved by BCIS, the paper file will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC). NVC will enter the case into their database, manually enter the information and run a security namecheck. When the security check clears, NVC will transfer the I129-F petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country where the fiance(e) resides. 


When the Consulate General receives a fiancé(e) visa we must first send a namecheck for the visa applicant to the FBI. Once the namecheck is complete, usually within a few weeks, we send a packet of information to the applicant (Fiancée Packet). The packet explains what documents the applicant needs to present at the time of the fiancé(e) visa interview. 


Once the applicant has all of the necessary documents, he or she may apply at the Immigrant Visa section on any weekday morning (excluding the last Friday of the month and Mexican and American holidays). No appointment is necessary. If you have received notice from INS that a petition has been approved for you but you have not received any notice from the Consulate, please write or call us to verify that we have received the petition from the USCIS. 


The phone number from the U.S. is 1-900-329-5520. Calls are charged at the rate of $1.50 per minute. Information is available between 8 am and 4:40 p.m. Mountain Time. From within Mexico, call 01-900-849-7474. Calls are charged at the rate of 15 pesos per minute.




Copyright © 1997-2006 National Immigration Services All Rights Reserved

This is an advertisement, no attorney/client relationship is established by viewing the contents of this site. As immigration law is constantly changing, information is provided as-is and does not constitute legal advice. Visitors are urged to contact experienced immigration counsel for their immigration matters.